Welcome to an easy to follow tutorial on disabling the annoying lock screen on windows 10!
The lock screen is not to be confused with the login screen; the lock screen comes first, you have to leave the lock screen to access the login page, a waste of time really! Learn how to remove it now! .
Watch the video tutorial 👇 below or scroll down to read the text version!
Depending on which windows 10 edition you have the settings are different so ill show you how to do it on both Home and Pro edition!
This is how you remove the lock screen on the home edition of windows 10
• Open up the search menu. Search for and open registry editor.
• In the Registry editor, double click on ‘HKEY_Local_Machine’.
• Then double click on ‘Software’
• Scroll down and open up ‘Policies’ , and from within there find ‘Windows’, right click it and select ‘new’ and then select ‘key’ .
• Name it ‘personalization’.
• Now right click the new personalization folder, select new and then choose ‘Dword 32bit value’.
• Name this ‘NoLockScreen’.
• Now double click this new Dword we just created to bring up its options, and set the value to ‘1’.
• This will deactivate the lock screen. If you ever want to enable it again, just come back here and change the lock screen Dword variable to ‘0’.
How to do it with Windows 10 Pro edition.
• Open up windows search and search for and open ‘edit group policy’
• In the group policy editor, open ‘administrative templates’.
• Now select control panel, and then select personalization.
• Click on ‘do not display the lock screen’ from the main window.
• Select ‘enabled’ and hit OK.
• That will remove the lock screen!
And that draws an end to this tutorial! If you have any questions please leave them down below!