Welcome to a tutorial on how you can Remove extensions on Google Chrome. It is a good idea to have a check over your installed add-ons every now and again as you can stockpile a huge amount without realizing, and doing so can slow down your Chrome experience.
Many people have been using Chrome for years without doing a maintenance check like this. It is also a good idea as some extensions which were good at the time installed, can become infected with viruses which may harm your computer or compromise your privacy.
Watch the video below to learn how to delete extensions on Google Chrome, or keep scrolling for the text version!
How To Remove Extensions On Google Chrome:
- Lets Start with the most obvious step: Open Google Chrome
- on the URL bar, Type in “Chrome://Extensions” and hit enter
- This will open the extensions Page showing every addon you have installed.
- Once you have decided on an extension to remove, just click on the trash can button beside the extensions name.
- If you believe that the extension might be a virus or it’s doing something that it shouldn’t you can also report it to Google at the same time as deleting it.
- You can also unlock developer mode for Chrome extensions on this page.
- There is also an option to just deactivate the extension instead of deleting it. this will stop it working on your browser until you decide to activate it again.This is a good option if you might want to use the extension again.
And that draws an end to this short tutorial on deleting add-ons on Google Chrome.please leave us a comment below if you have any questions!