Welcome to a foxy tech tips tutorial on using TikTok on your PC! Did you know that you can actually use TikTok and all of its features while on a computer? There is no TikTok desktop app but it does work in web browsers, here is how to use it!
Watch the video tutorial ? below or scroll down to read the text version!
• Not many people know that you can use TikTok from within any web browser on a PC, you don’t need to install any app to use it.
• On your PC, open up a web browser and go to TikTok.com
• If you click the menu button from the top left of the screen you can then select the trending and discover pages.
• This is a weird web view of tiktok, it’s possible to use a trick to make it look like the mobile app.
• To do that, open up the developer options of your browser. If you are on chrome you can get to them by clicking the menu button at the top right of the screen, selecting ‘more tools’ and then ‘developer tools’.
• In the dev tools you just want to enable this button called ‘device toggle toolbar’ , this will emulate a phone screen and will make tiktok update to mobile view.
• You can play around with the phone model and sizes of the screen up here.
• We can now use tiktok almost the same as if it was on the mobile app.
• You can login to your account.
• You can browse all the videos on the home page, use the search page to search for users, sounds and hashtags and you can edit your profile.
• It’s possible to upload tiktok videos too, but to do that we need to exit out of the developer tools and reload the page. If you are logged in, an upload video button should now be there.
• You can upload a video to TikTok like normal here.
And that draws an end to this tutorial! If you have any questions please leave them down below!