Welcome to a foxy tech tips tutorial on using Google Maps Offline. Learn how to pre-download maps of areas to your device so that you can keep using Google Maps when offline. Offline maps is a great Google Maps feature that not that many people know about. Learn how to download offline maps now!
Watch the video tutorial ? below or scroll down to read the text version!
• Open up the Google Maps app and make sure you are logged into your Google account.
• Now search for the area you would like to download. It can be any type of area such as a country, city, or province.
• Now open the info panel for that place.
• You will see there is a download button.
• You can now crop the map to your liking and only download what you need. Offline maps can take up quite a lot of space so make sure you have room on your device.. The map will now start downloading, once its done you’ll be able to use Google maps in that area when you are offline.
• To view your saved maps, tap your profile image at the top of the screen and then select ‘offline maps’.
And that draws an end to this tutorial! If you have any questions please leave them down below!