Welcome to a foxy tech tips tutorial on locking Whatsapp! Learn how to lock individual conversations on Whatsapp, or just lock the whole app behind a pass code! Start protecting your Whatsapp privacy now with a lock!
Watch the video tutorial 👇 below or scroll down to read the text version!
• To do all this we need to download a locking app.
• Open up the app store and search for ‘locker for whatsapp secure private chat’.
• Install it to your device.
• Once its installed, open it up. It will ask you to create a 4 digit code that you will use for unlocking.
• You can also enter in an email that you can use to recover the passcode if you forget it. I’m choosing to skip that step.
• You will now need to give this app some permissions to work, tap on the popups to be brought to the right settings page, on this first one in the accessibility options, tap on ‘more downloaded services’, select ‘locker for whats chat app’ and turn the option to ‘on’.
• For the 2nd permission, autostarting, tap the enable button to be brought to the settings page, enable the locker app from the list.
• Now the app is set up correctly. I will start by showing you how to lock individual conversations. Tap on the ‘plus’ button at the bottom of the screen. It will open up whatsapp, now all you have to do is tap on the conversation you want to lock.
• Now that conversation is locked. The next time you try to open that chat there will be a passcode lock on it.
• If you go back to the locker app it shows you the list of chats you have locked, you can tap the padlock icon to unlock it and stop requiring a passcode, and you can also add more chats to the locker by tapping the plus button like before.
• If you want to lock the entire whatsapp app, to require the passcode when opening, tap on the menu button of the lock app, at the top left of the screen .
• Now tap settings.
• Enable the ‘app lock’ option here.
• Now whenever you open whatsapp it will require the passcode to continue.
And that draws an end to this tutorial! If you have any questions please leave them down below!