Welcome to a foxy tech tips tutorial on disabling audio & video calls on FB messenger. Learn how to stop people from being able to call you both on Desktop and Mobile Facebook Messenger.
Watch the video tutorial 👇 below or scroll down to read the text version!
• Go to facebook.com , and on the right of the screen where it shows your online contacts click on the settings button.
• From the popup menu, tap on turn of video and voice calls.
• You can now choose a time frame that you want calls to be blocked for, but i chose to turn it off until I reactivate it myself. Click ‘disable’ to confirm it.
• This will prevent you from getting calls on your browser
• There doesn’t seem to be a way to do this from within the app , we need to disable it with your phones options. I’m doing this on android, if you are on iphone the steps will be pretty similar.
• Go into your phone’s settings.
• Open ‘apps’ from within the settings.
• Tap on ‘manage apps’
• Search for messenger
• Tap on app permissions.
• Disable the permissions for camera, microphone and telephone.
• This will stop calling from working on your messenger app .
And that draws an end to this tutorial! If you have any questions please leave them down below!