Welcome to a foxy tech tips Tutorial on the best way to block all annoying and spammy popups from Google Chrome in 2020. Sick of popups while browsing the web on chrome ? Learn how to block them now! Popups are very annoying but they can also contain malicious content like viruses or malware so its good to prevent them from opening.
Watch the video tutorial ? below or scroll down to read the text version!
• On chrome, open up a new tab and search for ‘chrome web store’ . open up the web store from the search results.
• Now you are in the chrome web store, head over to its search bar and type in ‘popup blocker’ and hit enter.
• You will now see a lot of different popup blockers but the one I prefer is the 3rd one in this list called ‘pop up blocker for chrome – popper blocker’ .
• Click on the ‘add to chrome’ button.
• This will install the popup blocker as an extension on your browser.
• The extension will start to block all popups and overlays right away as soon as you click the ‘agree’ button.
• You can test out the popup blocker on the welcome page of the extension here. Click on ‘test popup’ to see what happens when a popup is found in the wild.
• You will be notified that the popup was blocked, and if it was a needed popup you can select to show the popup once, or even whitelist the website. To see any more info about the popup blocker extension, just click on this icon!
And that draws an end to this tutorial! If you have any questions please leave them down below!