Welcome to a foxy tech tips tutorial on backing up your Whatsapp chat and data in order to be able to restore it again if you get logged out or log into Whatsapp on a new device! Learn how to keep your Whatsapp data backed up and safe now!
Watch the video tutorial 👇 below or scroll down to read the text version!
• To enable backups on whatsapp, open the app and then tap on the menu button at the top right of the screen. Then tap on the settings button.
• From the settings, tap on chats.
• Now select chat backup.
• You can tap back up straight away and that will backup the chats to your device, so if you ever delete the app and re-download it again you can recover the chats from your device.
• You can also back up to google drive , this will allow you to retrieve your chats if you sign into WhatsApp on a different device.
• Tap on backup to google drive. Select the google account you want to back up to. Then Choose the frequency you want it to back up.
• You may need to enter your google password to continue now.
• Now you’ve done that, if you tap the backup button again it will start backing up to your google drive account.
• Ill now show you how to restore your backup data if you login to whatsapp from a different device or if you have reinstalled the app.
• Login to whatsapp like normal and on the next page you will get a popup asking about backups. Tap on continue to start. You will need to allow whatsapp to have these permissions to continue.
• It will locate your back up, tap on the restore button.
• Your chat data has now been restored.
And that draws an end to this tutorial! If you have any questions please leave them down below!