Instagram is currently the most popular social media app, used by 100s of millions of people per day, but it’s easy to get sick of it and for whatever reasons you may want to delete your account. Instagram doesn’t exactly make this obvious or easy to achieve so we created this tutorial for you.
There are 2 different types of account deletion on Instagram; temporary deactivation, and permanent deletion. in this article, we will focus on permanently deleting your account.
Watch the video tutorial below or keep scrolling for the text version!
How To Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account:
- First of all, open up your Instagram App.
- Tap on the settings button on your Instagram Account
- In your settings, scroll down to the bottom and tap on “help centre”
- On the help centre page, use the search bar and search for “Delete Instagram Account”
- Tap on the first result, an article called “How Do I Delete My Account”
- The article will now explain about deleting your account. see the link that says “delete your account page” ? hold your finger down on that link and copy it to your clipboard.
- Now that the link is copied, close Instagram, and open up a web browser.
- paste the link into the URL bar of your web browser.
- You will now be required to login to your Instagram account to continue.
- Once you have logged in, it will load the account deletion page.
- You will need to give a reason for deleting your account. you can just make up any reason if you wish.
- Now all you have to do is enter your password one more time, and then tap on “permanently delete my account” .
Once you have done that, this annoyingly long process of deleting your account will now be over. Your Instagram profile will now be completely deleted along with all of your images, comments, story posts etc. There is no way to get your account back once you have done this.. you are now free from Instagram 😉
that draws an end to this tutorial.. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below!